Buy, Sell & Promote Computers World Over
1. How do I become an eCB affiliate?
You must first sign up for your FREE eCB account. If you have not yet signed up for an eCB account, please click HERE. During the signup process you will select your eCB LoginID. Your LoginID is your unique ID that allows us to accurately track and award the commissions you earn. You will use your LoginID in all affiliate links that you create.
2. How much can I earn?
Commissions range from 1% to 25% and are determined by the seller of the product. The minimum commission for a single sale is $0.25, and the maximum is $1,000.00. In Addition to this you can Earn on each Valid Click Generated from Our Banners Placed on your Website (This option is activated only on Aproval of your Website).
3. Can I use one eCB Account for all of my affiliate links?
Yes. You can promote any number of eCB products with your one eCB account.
4. How do I identify the most successful products to promote?
Some affiliates prefer to promote very popular products that attract lots of affiliates, while others prefer to promote products with less advertising exposure. Either way, your best bet is to promote products that are well presented and likely to appeal to the people who visit your website, or view your advertisements.
5. Can eCB generate my promotion code for me?
Once you have your eCB LoginID, you can go to our Marketplace and we will give you the code you need to add to your website. When you find a product you would like to promote, click on Product Details and The Affiliate Link will be found on the Page i.e below the Product Details ( You Need to be Logged In to See the Affiliate Link).
6. Rather than selecting specific products to promote, can I simply refer customers to the eCB Marketplace?
Yes. When you refer a potential customer to the eCB Marketplace, you will earn a commission when a customer follows a Marketplace link and purchases any product that is listed in the eCB Marketplace. The commission amount is calculated by the Gross sale amount and the commission rate of the product.
8. What if I use an affiliate link that looks different than the standard eCB link?
Please be aware that if you use a third party product that changes our link format in ANY way, there is no way for us to verify that your commissions will be tracked properly. eCB can only provide our clients with technical support for our own authorized link format.
9. Can I send customers directly to the URL that ends in "/?AID=LoginID"?
No. The "?AID=..." is just information we pass along to the our site AFTER recording a legitimate referral via eComputerBay.com If you bypass eComputerBay.com there is no way for us to track your referral.
10. How are commissions calculated for standard products?
For standard products, eCB purchases the product from the seller at a wholesale price equal to 92.5% to 95% of retail. For affiliate directed sales, the commission percentage is subtracted from the Gross sale price.
Here is an example of the commission calculation if you are promoting a product that offers a 25% commission:
Therefore, as the referring affiliate for this sale, you would earn $12.50.
11. When I earn a commission, how soon will it be reflected in my account?
Any commissions you earn will be posted in your stats within minutes of a successful purchase.
12. How can I tell which products are generating the most sales for my account?
The best way to tell which products are generating the most sales for your account is to use the "Transaction Report" link within your account.
13. How will I be paid the commissions I earn?
eCB issues payouts Once a month to all qualified accounts. See our Accounting Policy for full details.
14. I've made a sale, why haven't I received a payout?
There are two possible reasons:
1. You may not have reached your selected payment preference, which is the minimum amount of money that must be in your account before we send you a payout. In your account you may select an amount from $20.00 to $10,000.00 as your payment preference. The default setting is $100.00. We hold your payout until your payable balance reaches this amount.
2. You may not have met the Customer Distribution Requirement:
eCB accounts cannot be used for the sole purpose of collecting rebates or otherwise extending credit to yourself or others. In compliance with Legal laws, eCB will withhold payment of any account balance until it contains standing sales made by 3 or more different Buyers.
For more details please see our Accounting Policy.
15. If I refer a customer to one product, and they purchase several products, will I get a commission on each sale?
16. Am I 100% guaranteed referral credit no matter what the customer does to avoid being tracked?
Tracking referrals is crucial to the success of our business, so you can be sure that we use our best efforts to track customers within the constraints of the law and available technology. However, for the sake of legal correctness, we have to make the following disclaimer:
The affiliate (if any) we associate with any sale is determined by an automated tracking system. Any decision made by this system is final and not subject to petition or debate. Though we believe our tracking system to be more fair and accurate than any alternative, we make no representation regarding the ability of the system to track any specific customer, for any specific length of time.
17. Can your system track the number of hits my link gets?
In order to minimize response time, our server is not currently programmed to count link hits explicitly. It is possible, however, to perform a count on your end by using a cgi counter script at your site to receive incoming link hits.
18. How many products can I promote at one time?
As many as you want! eCB does not limit the number of products that affiliates can promote.
19. I misspelled my LoginID in my link and I know I've made sales! Can I get that money?
It depends. If the misspelled LoginID you used belongs to someone else, then you are out of luck because there is no way for us to transfer that money to the correct account. However, if the LoginID does not belong to someone else, you can contact customer service for access to that account. Any sales made under that LoginID will be listed in the stats, even though the account did not exist when the sales were made. We cannot transfer money from one account to another, and each account is subject to the terms outlined in the Accounting Policy individually.
20. Can I purchase products through my own link?
The short answer is yes, but eCB does not condone affiliates using their accounts for this sole purpose. The Commissions for this sale would be creditd to your Account Referrer.
21. Where can I advertise my links?
There are a variety of ways in which you may promote products. How many or how little of the available methods you choose to employ is purely up to your discretion. Be sure the ways you choose to promote your products is in compliance with our Client Contract.
22. I'm a beginner affiliate. Where can I go to find help?
Since your success as a affiliate is important to eCB we have collected some resources that you might find helpful in understanding how to maximize your opportunities. For more information, please visit our Resources page.
Also, please be sure to read over and familiarize yourself with the eCB Client Contract before you begin your first promotion.
23. Can sellers cheat affiliates by "undoing" the commission on a sale, or by pretending that a sale was returned?
No. Unlike other popular affiliate solutions, we handle both the sale and the awarding of commissions. The only way to undo a commission is to approve a return of the order.
To Promote You Need an eCB Account.
To Open an eCB Account Click Here